Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oskar Kokoschka (March 1, 1886 – February 22, 1980)

                                                                                        
Dresden Neustadt VII
1922

It finally happened: I missed a post! 110 days of consecutivity, I'm afraid, were all that I could muster. Oh well! We'll just have to restart the count on Daily Artist. Anyway, for this post I've brought you Kokoschka, an extremely talented Austrian Expressionist. Many of his paintings have that rough, offal quality common in German Expressionism, yet some of them have a softness–descended from artists such as Gauguin and Monet–that I adore.   

Two Nudes (Lovers)
1910

Félix Albrecht Harta
1909

London, Panoramic of the Thames I
1926

The Slave Girl
1921

Lovers with Cat
1917

No comments:

Post a Comment